Saturday, January 2, 2021

Starting 2021 with $4,638.85 in CPF interest

The CPF website was laggy all day on New Year's Day lol. 

Guess everyone was curious about how much interest they've earned on their CPF balances from FY2020! 

This is actually the first time I logged in to check. I couldn't be bothered to check in previous years. I'm a changed person now haha. 



Transferred $30,000 from my OA to SA in May 2020, as I felt confident I didn't need that amount to pay for any immediate housing commitments, and this generated better interest at 4%. However on hindsight, I should have transferred more to SA, as it didn't make sense for extra money to be sitting idle in the OA at only a 2.5% interest rate.  

But $4,638.85 in total... not TOO bad, seeing how my CPF interest for FY2019 was only $3393.54

Hope to get better returns this year, and therefore I'm looking into investing my 'extra' CPF OA monies (above the $20k minimum). Most likely through Endowus, which is currently the only robo-advisor that is allowed for CPF-OA monies. 

Will update on how this goes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts

Portfolio Transactions Update - Jan 2021

Sold : 1,000 shares of HMN.SI (Ascott Residence Trust) at SGD 1.1 (closed +SGD 193.15)  40 shares of BAC (Bank of America) at USD 33.26 (clo...